Thursday, March 14, 2013

The rundown

I thought I'd post a bit about the gear we've purchased to equip our family for the trail.

Though we camp often the equipment we currently owned was far from lightweight and compact. Since both of the older kids can only carry a minimal amount of gear we had to prepare for the adults (mostly Jeremy) to be the Sherpas. I began to research and plan appropriately.

So far, this is what we have gathered-

Sleeping bags- Jeremy also insisted on a packable pillow for each of us. We're going with these: Therm-a-Rest Compressable Pillows. Large for him, a Medium for me, and Smalls for each of the kids.
• Sequoia- Kelty Woobie
• Cedar and Willow- Big Agnes Little Reds
• Jeremy and I- Big Agnes Big Creek double bag

Sleeping pads-
• Willow and Cedar- Thermarest Z Lite Sol Small
• us- Big Agnes Dual Core air pad Regular


Tent-
GoLite Shangri La 5

Water Filter- SteriPen Adventurer

Stove- Jetboil Sumo Cooking System

Cookware- GSI Outdoors Bugaboo Camper Cookset and Light My Fire Sporks

Backpacks-
• Cedar and Willow- Lake and Trail 20L bags (I'm planning on a Cilogear 20L WorkSac for Willow next year)
• Jeremy - Kelty Coyote 80l
• Sequoia and I - A decade old REI backpack carrier. After this summer, I'll go back to my MacPac and use a Piggyback Rider for Sequoia when he needs a lift.

Other-
Black Diamond Apollo Lantern
Petzl Tikka headlamps for Jeremy and I, Black Diamond Wiz kids' for Willow and Sequoia an a fun Lego guy one for Cedar.
• Everyone has Patagonia Capilene 3 base layer, even Sequoia!
• the boys' rain gear is from Tuffo and Willow's is from OakiWear. (Jer and I already had Mountain Hardwear rain gear)

I'll write another post later on the rest of our clothing and a few other odds and ends. I'm super excited for spring to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment